Crack up at this year's most unconcerning campus crimes

Although you, and more likely your parents, may be nervous about living in the city, not all the crimes on campus are cause for concern.

Stay in the know with these popular social media accounts

In order to stay up-to-date on the latest GW news, memes and Vex delays, there are a few social media accounts that every GW student should follow.

How-to guide for dealing with difficult roommates

Roommate problems don’t always arise until a few weeks in, but it’s best to address issues before it’s too late.

Dorm sweet dorm: Survival guide for freshmen dorms

Whether you’re ecstatic about your new residence hall or running straight to RoomSwap, take some time to familiarize yourself with each dorm’s pros and cons.

Dodge the freshman 15 with these food and fitness tips

College is a balancing act of classes, clubs, friends and a new city. But don’t let healthy eating and exercise fall by the wayside.

Coffee shops across the District to satisfy your caffeine craving

For those stereotypically college student days, here are four coffee houses on campus and around the District for when you need a caffeine boost.

Advice you won't hear from your CI leaders

Your peppy leaders will show you the campus highlights, but they won’t disclose every detail about what the next four years might bring.

Join these student organizations to stand up and speak out

If you chose GW to take part in grassroots activism, here are some student organizations that will bring you to the front lines.

Freshmen and LeBlanc to experience first year together

When the Class of 2021 arrives on campus, new University President Thomas LeBlanc will be experiencing a year at GW for the first time alongside them.

GW's Urban Dictionary: A guide to the most used words and phrases on campus

Adjusting to campus slang can be difficult, so here are some of the terms and phrases that will make you sound like a super senior.

Travel to these local neighborhoods when feeling homesick

Moving to a new city is never easy. Luckily, D.C. has a variety of neighborhoods to remind you of home.

Looking ahead at future headlines for the Class of 2021

Campus news from the past year has raised questions about what the future at GW will look like. Here are some of the changes to watch out for.

Packing tips to reduce stress on you and the environment

Packing up all of your belongings to start a new life is stressful, but it can be even more stressful on the environment.

Breaking the ice with administrators on campus

You may never meet these administrators face-to-face, but heading into your first year of life at GW – these are the names you need to know.

Avoid class registration catastrophe with these back up courses

If your schedule doesn’t pan out perfectly, don’t worry – here’s our guide to backup courses you can add to your schedule.

Styles to bring along and fashion trends to leave home

The District has often been classified as a fashionless city. But as a newcomer to D.C., don’t let this quiet your inner fashionista.